Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Traveling Space Man is back!

I am currently en route to Haifa, Israel, where I will visit the Baha'i gardens and other sites which comprise a Baha'i pilgrimage. Current status: airport purgatory in Warsaw, Poland. (The animated gif that should be playing with this post a series of shots from my landing in Warsaw. Not sure if I was allowed to use my camera then...) It was interesting to land after 9 hours aboard a Boeing Dreamliner and see two big U.S. Air Force personnel/bomb carriers on the runway. I guess that's a result of Russia's recent moves (America is a strong ally of Poland's).

Although I considered getting out of the airport and checking out Warsaw's Old Town (completely destroyed by the Nazi's in WWII, and completely rebuilt afterwards), I decided against it after reading about many, many accounts of fraud, pick-pocketry, and other mal-intent that occcurs on the bus connecting the airport to the city's main tourist attraction. Also, leaving and re-entering the airport would involve about 4 hours of security and customs.

No comments:

Post a Comment